American Express Careers
Workplace Services Manager
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Global Real Estate & Workplace Enablement (GREWE) makes American Express a safe, productive and engaging workplace, across 200 properties in 41 countries, while maximizing the value of AmEx's real estate assets.
The Workplace Services team assumes responsibility for food service and Client Services across the globe. Client services include: Reception, Cafeteria, Catering, Vending, Conference and Training Rooms, Concierge Services, Tele-Presence Rooms, Audio Visual Services, Activity Center, Gym, Day Care, and Coffee Kiosks.
As a part of the wider GREWE team, at Workplace Services we believe the colleague experience is critical to the success of American Express. We believe that personalized experiences at work inspire colleagues to deliver distinguished experiences to their customers and colleagues.
The Manager, Workplace Services, will report to the Director of Hospitality, Workplace Services, in the UK. This position focuses on key strategies to drive forward workplace amenities throughout the EMEA region, establishing and promoting the Workplace Services brand and function to colleagues.
This position supports the EMEA Workplace Services function and provides oversight for the delivery of services directly interfacing with employees and visitors in American Express premises. The majority of these services are delivered by third party providers.
The principal functions of this role include:
- Strategic focus on the development, documentation and oversight of the operating model for the Visitor Experience and Meeting Room and Event Management in EMEA
- Develop the BlueWork Ambassadors support model
- Partner with American Express Technology groups and being a SME for meeting room technology and support in the region
- Develop and deliver suitable control measures for the above
- Vendor liaison for superior service delivery, consistency, safety and quality assurance
- Having a deep understanding of the needs of our colleagues by way of casual and programmed interactions; lead on satisfaction and other measurements
- Participate in strategies that contribute to the employee value proposition for all Workplace Services
- Adherence to Facilities Management Policies & Procedures and applicable codes and regulations.
- Oversight of the following vendor provided services: Reception, Meeting & Training Space Support, Meeting & Training Space Maintenance, Audio Visual Services, BlueWork Ambassadors
- Provide oversight of the resource planning for all service operations on a day to day basis
- Provide subject matter expertise for meeting room technology solutions and support
- Develop and periodic review of standard operating procedures relating to the above services
- In partnership, establish performance objectives and deliverables related to the achievement of line of business's goals and objectives for a client or clients.
Develop, monitor and report operational controls and key performance indicators relating to the specification and quality delivery of the above services
Oversee operational controls and standards to ensure the highest levels of Health and Safety are unconditionally adhered to by employee and vendor partner resource
Develop and monitor capital plans, action plans and roadmaps to excellence, for all relevant services; drive consistency of approach across the region
Participate and lead in the planning of new facilities from a Workplace Services perspective
Maintain AV inventories and PPM schedules relevant to meeting space across the region
Create and maintain strong working partnerships, along with rigorous management of vendor, to include formal reviews, operational alignment, review of scorecards
Develop and deliver in a timely way, a dashboard of metrics and reporting relevant to the services indicated
Develop multiple feedback mechanisms to monitor both customer satisfaction and vendor performance
Meet and better all financial targets relevant to the services
Maintain great local and regional market knowledge to leverage best in class industry practices, innovative approaches for enhanced customer experience, and operational and financial efficiency
Customer Service Requirements:
Be an expert in customer service, walk the walk every day, be a role model for the entire team
Be ready to demonstrate, to guide and to coach in order that a customer service culture is at the heart of the wider team’s actions
Be the go-to person for escalations Senior Executive and Client activities within Meeting Spaces
Partner with all service providers in the Meeting Room, Technology and Ambassador areas to provide a format for superb information flow, maximizing the potential for successful meetings and experiences every single time
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Prior experience in a World Class hospitality environments or hotels desired
Working knowledge of European foreign languages desired
Prior experience of managing broad range of managing quality-related services in a corporate environment
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Track-record of passion for customer service
A demonstrated ability to both supervise and motivate people; leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect in a creative and effective manner
Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, globally oriented environment
Strong interpersonal, written, communication, organizational and analytical skills
University degree or equivalent experience in Hospitality Management preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 1, 2019, 11:36:09 AM