American Express Careers
Platform - Analyst
Analyst – Product Development
Enterprise Digital Products & Platforms team affects digital transformation at American Express by creating world class digital products and scalable platforms through best in class Agile product management, analytics and testing to drive value to the enterprise.
Our focus is on delivering an ecosystem of products that enable fast, scalable and consistent product development. We Build and enhance digital precision marketing products enabling real time personalization of offers, messages and experience on Amex sites as well as offsite channels globally. In order to deliver on a personalized and consistent customer experience across channels, we transform how we approach design, data, event processing, analytics and more across the blue box.
We are looking for an Analyst - Product Development, who will support the Platform Owner in maintaining the health of and assist with any improvements to the platforms.
We are looking for someone who is strategic, highly organized with strong attention to detail, great communication skills and enjoys working at the intersection of tech and business.
In this role you will:
Work closely with our Platforms, Engineering, and Technology partners.
Communicate regularly with platform users as needed for platform announcements, compliance, user maintenance, and usage maintenance.
Measure and report on metrics related to platform usage levels, data ingestion, efficiency and performance.
- Demonstrated organization, and planning skills applied in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Advanced experience in Excel including pivot tables and basic VBA
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding of how data needs to be organized, accessed, monitored and controlled
- Basic SQL and UNIX knowledge
- Problem solving skills and ability to take independent responsibility of projects.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with strong personal presence; active listening skills, summarization skills, and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities and drive collaboration and alignment.
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a customer-first mindset
- Working knowledge of SAS
- Shell Scripts/Perl
- Hive and big data platform is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s level is a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2019, 1:01:51 PM