American Express Careers
Quality Engineer - AAE
Don’t live life without it
Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge customer facing solutions that increase business value and customer engagement by leveraging strong architectural and UX principles and that are data driven? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills to help influence and drive results across a diverse organization.
American Express is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Development of Automation and Testing in a CI/CD environment for web applications
- Work with Engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated Testing.
- Develop Test Plans, Strategies and scheduling of test activity.
- Create, maintain and execute Test cases/scripts at any level as required (Unit, Integration, Component Integration, System Integration, Exploratory).
- Validate and report on test results for software quality improvement.
- Coordinate “Quality at Every Step” – Involved in the review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications for completeness and weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security and compliance testing, and provides recommendations.
- Work with Product Owners to prioritize features, maintain documentation and known issues.
- Reviews progress and makes recommendations for areas of opportunities/improvements for automation & tool usage.
- Looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Identify and illuminate risks to the whole team when identified at any stage of planning or development.
- Coordinate with other QAEs to ensure a consistent messaging across the platform as it relates to Quality.
- Good attitude, communication, willingness to learn and collaborate
- Bring a culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvement
- Challenging status quo, demonstrate risk taking, and implement creative ideas
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent 3-4 years of work experience
- 2-3 yrs Experience with Webdriver based Test Automation APIs (Selenium or WebdriverIO or Nightmare.js etc.)
- 2-3 yrs experience in unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing.
- 1-2 yrs Experience with Appium for device test automation
- 2-3 years Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing, including frameworks such as Selenium, WebDriverIO, Cucumber, JUnit, Mockito
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery environment and platforms, especially Maven and Jenkins
- 1-2 yrs experience working with UI development frameworks: ReactJS
- 2-3 yrs working in an Agile or SAFe development environment is a plus
Eligibility to work in the US for American Express is required as the company will not be pursuing visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2019, 11:27:38 AM