American Express Careers
Manager, Account Sales
Manager, Account Sales (Global & Multinational) – GCS Nordics
American Express Global Commercial Services solutions are preferred by the world's top businesses. We are innovators in the payments industry, at the forefront of creating solutions for mid-sized and large companies that help them leverage their purchasing power, eliminate many labor-intensive operations in expense management, and broaden the use of cards and electronic payments. We continue to expand the ways in which companies can maximize working capital and provide world-class Card member benefits to their employees.
The GCS Nordic Large Market Team manages strategic corporate payment relationships with clients. This Manager is responsible for growing and retaining the corporate payments spend in a portfolio of existing clients in the Nordic Region. The portfolios include global and multinational HQ relationships within the defined large market segment.
Overall responsibilities include:
The retention and expansion of a portfolio of Global and multinational clients in the large market segment with focus on T&E products and supplier payments
Qualified candidate must provide proactive consultation to enhance customer relationships and to drive program growth in B2B and T&E, profitability, client satisfaction and ongoing retention
Create strategic vision, action plans and set goals in a manner that will encourage opportunities for global expansion and cross selling
Provide consulting to our clients on their P2P strategy, including leading process improvement projects, vendor rationalization studies, and implementing our B2B solutions
Demonstrate a solid understanding of B2B payment solutions, key procurement processes and systems with proven success to drive growth in this area with a consultative approach
Experience interfacing with senior audiences across treasury, AP, finance and procurement
Maintaining detailed understanding of the customers’ business, their organizational goals and objectives
Accountability in developing broad and deep relationships at all levels organizationally - both internally and externally
Understand and communicate the American Express premium value we deliver on a customer by customer basis with formal quantification of that unique value
Consult with client and interface with key linkages and operations to ensure that service quality and contractual obligations are met/exceeded
Resolve issues using formal project and or action plans when required
Proactively provide expertise on policies, bench-marking, and recommendations to optimize programs, reduce costs and drive efficiencies for clients
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Seeking a minimum of 5 years prior strategic relationship management and/or sales experience. Ideal skill set includes the following:
- Influence & persuasion
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance from clients for a plan or product
- Utilizes innovativeness to overcome complex internal and external client barriers, enabling desired outcomes
- Strategic thinking
- Seeks to understand clients' opinions, positions, and emotions to solve problems and negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, anticipating and overcoming obstacles as they arise
- Client enablement
- Uses strong client relationships to establish a positive rapport and together brainstorm new ways to meet client objectives
- Teaches clients to resolve non-strategic issues independently using available resources, including self-service tools
- Financial acumen
- Understands clients' operational and financial factors and uses this knowledge to drive Expansions/ incremental CV growth
- Collects, analyzes, and evaluates client and internal metrics, data, and benchmarks to determine actions and solutions
- Consultative approach
- Uses appropriate questions to help clients clarify their needs and gain understanding of how to best deliver value
- Proactively provides expertise on policies, benchmarking, and recommendations to reduce costs and drive efficiencies
- Combines a depth of payment expertise with a consultative approach to build clients’ trust and fuel their success
- Responds to appropriate client issues rapidly and effectively and ensure delivery of prompt and expert service to clients
Experience managing growth portfolios consisting of clients in the large market segment
Experience providing account servicing and management
Prior knowledge in the strategic sales process of growing an existing client base
Sell with integrity, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements
Experience with CRM tools preferred
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 2, 2019, 2:25:45 PM