American Express Careers
Marketing Data Scientist
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Marketing Data Scientist to perform in the International Consumer Services business unit of American Express.
As a Data Scientist working with our Marketing team, you’ll help expand the reach and quality of spend stimulation by guiding marketing initiatives and optimizing growth. In this role, you’ll be directly involved in the planning, measurement, and evaluation of critical marketing initiatives and experiments. Our ideal candidate is a team worker, analytically-minded individual with strong analysis and statistical modeling skills, who shares our passion for marketing and behavioral analysis.
This position will be in charge of analyzing both internal and external datasets, and use the insights they derive to inform about customer behavior, and to advice about modifications or additions to marketing tactics and analysis methodologies. It will implement marketing strategies to improve SOW through business & brand oriented initiatives
- Analyzing user behavior to identify and prioritize marketing opportunities that drive SOW growth.
- Evaluating high-leverage marketing interventions via A/B testing (e.g. understanding incremental transactions by card type & merchants offers).
- Building new models for user growth, segmentation, and multi-touch attribution.
- Working cross-functionally with GMS marketers & CLM on our core growth initiatives (e.g., developing a strategy for email communications and performance marketing).
- Develop and deploy the annual digital marketing plan for Consumer Products.
- Maintain continuous analysis of market trends, to identify new business opportunities.
- Email marketing strategy & ATL Performance strategy.
- Agency and Budget Management.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t live life without it.
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and business.
- Strong applied statistics and data visualization skills.
- Strong business intuition and cross-functional communication skills.
- Desirable at least one statistical software package (e.g. Tableu).
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Experience in Digital Marketing with understanding and proven application of digital marketing measurement.
- Effective at driving collaboration, influencing and working with cross-functional partners at all levels (locally and internationally).
- Self-motivated, self-managing and personal discipline skills are Essential.
- Strong driver of results and speed to market focus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2019, 8:38:21 AM