American Express Careers
Sr Manager - Program Management, Push Channels (Email, SMS, Push Notifications)
The American Express Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) organization centralizes many of AXP’s web, mobile and digital partnership development activities and enables the company to leverage digital expertise. We are aimed to drive growth, margin expansion and marketplace differentiation and to accelerate our digital strategy forward. The team develops and scales across the enterprise high-impact, mobile-centric and personalized digital experiences across the customer lifecycle and adapts to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants and partners.
Within EDA sits the Enterprise Digital Membership Experience team which aims to deliver differentiated digital experiences for our Card Members through the web, mobile and push communication channels. We are looking for a Manager/ Senior Manager of Program Management to join the Push Channels team, responsible for program managing the platform development and digital experience with a key focus on supporting the highest strategic product priorities.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and lead large scale programs with limited guidance. The individual must be organized, culturally-aware and a strong communicator who can effectively multitask and prioritize as needs evolve. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels in order to deliver platform capabilities and products that serve millions of people. You will work with a variety of teams, including product, engineering, design and marketing to bring new products and services to market from conception to launch.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Lead Strategic planning, Roadmap creation and management of the Push channels portfolio.
· Collaborate with EDME program teams to ensure synchronicity of Roadmaps and strategic priorities
· Lead highest priority programs acting as the single point of contact across teams for the channel
· Manage PI Planning and delivery ensuring clear communication regarding priorities, progress, schedule and assessment of risks and issues
· Manage program governance and proactive reporting/status dashboards to enable transparency across a broad set of teams and stakeholders
· Work in partnership with product owners, engineers and designers to create and consolidate a unified portfolio/program strategy
· Collaborate closely and build relationships with business partners and key stakeholders
· Help to create and regularly review key performance metrics to inform decision-making and track success of the program
· Oversee the Budget/Finances for the team
· Support Product Operations (e.g. Audit requests, CAPs, OREs) to ensure operational integrity of the portfolio
· Minimum of 6 years’ experience in program management, leading large scale programs in an agile product development environment
· You manage stakeholders with compassion, confidence and exceptional clarity with relation to the product strategy and overall mission for your customer
· Demonstrated program management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
· Proven decision making & problem solving capabilities with strong follow up skills and attention to detail.
· Strong understanding of agile, scrum, and project managing an iterative, lean product organization
· Exceptional communication skills and ability to know the right information to be shared with each respective audience.
· Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across all levels and stakeholders within the global organization.
· Ability to take initiative and work within ambiguous situations.
· Extremely detail oriented, understand how detailed execution can have direct consumer facing impact.
· Experience leveraging tools such as Jira and Confluence a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 2, 2019, 10:12:00 AM