You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
We are looking for an Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our internal customers.
- You will diagnose and troubleshoot software problems and help our customers with their problems.
- You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple technical issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
- You should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution.
- Be empathetic towards our users and understand their issues and concerns.
- Monitor support channels on Slack and respond to customer issues in a timely manner
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal team
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and technical documentation
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Knowledge about Java is a must
- Experience with technical writing and markdown is must
- Experience Vert.X, Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2019, 11:33:05 AM