American Express Careers
Director - Enterprise Data Management Strategy
The Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team is responsible for defining American Express’ enterprise data strategy, data governance program and managing Cornerstone, American Express’s global Big Data ecosystem and a critical enabler of innovation and growth for the company. The EDM function sits within Enterprise Digital and Analytics Group.
The vision for Enterprise Data Management is deliver valuable, reliable and ridiculously easy-to-consume data and technology solutions, empowering the enterprise to drive consistent, seamless and personalized customer experiences while more efficiently controlling for data related risks.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who understands data management frameworks and best practices to help define the enterprise data strategy and provide guidance to American Express’ data initiatives across the organization. The role requires a strong knowledge of data management & strategy frameworks, big data environments, and data management solutions. The individual will be skilled in implementing data management and strategy frameworks and will need to work effectively with a variety of cross-functional partners including business, technology, engineering and analytics. Must be customer focused and able to juggle the priorities of multiple business partners.
- Participate in the development of an enterprise data strategy and evolve our data vision for the organization’s centralized analytical environment
- Communicate the vision and strategy to all level of stakeholders in the organization
- Influence and drive consistency across multiple data initiatives across the organization
- Manage multiple senior level councils to ensure timely actions are taken and the sessions are managed efficiently
- Create and manage a data strategy and 3-year road map that teams use as their guideline for developing incredible data products
- Partner with risk management teams to manage data-driven regulatory requirements such as GDPR, CCPA and Open Banking regulations
- Manage business process and data domain models for American Express
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 5, 2019, 9:52:04 AM