American Express Careers
Senior Big Data Engineer
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
As a Senior Engineer for the Enterprise Marketing Eligibility team, you will join a Technology team which creates next-generation capabilities for marketers, product teams, and senior leaders. This group is nimble and creative, with an entrepreneurial mission to stretch the art of the possible. This team develops Big Data real-time and batch cardmember marketing eligibility solutions to support the full spectrum of traditional channels, including direct mail, mobile, email, telemarketing, and web.
- Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
- Function as a leader on an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Lead code reviews and automated testing
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Empower teams to automate deployments in test or production environments
- Empower teams to automatically scale applications based on demand projections
- Takes accountability for the success of the team achieving their goals
- Drives the team’s strategy and prioritizes initiatives
- Influence team members by challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing creative ideas
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide team members to success within the team
10+ years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Wide breath of engineering experience
- Proven experience leading teams of engineers and/or highly-competent individual contributor
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019, 6:50:29 PM