American Express Careers
Director, Strategy and Business Planning
Reporting to the VP and Chief of Staff, Global Human Resources, the Director, Strategy and Business Planning is a critical role, responsible for a broad range of the highest priority initiatives to support business and HR objectives. The successful candidate will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, communication and organizational skills, and will have a proven record of excellence operating independently and efficiently.
The Director, Strategy and Business Planning ensures the effective and efficient management of initiatives within the VP’s areas of responsibility, including specific initiatives to support the CHRO. This would include owning strategic projects, overseeing a range of activities to ensure departmental strategy and operational priorities are productively managed, and creating impactful presentations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Act as a central point of contact for initiatives spearheaded by the VP, and for addressing information requests.
- Provide strategic support on a range of complex issues and projects, including the management of the function’s strategic initiatives.
- Lead distinct elements of key projects on behalf of the VP.
- Partner with Business Leaders, Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs), HR Centers of Expertise team members, external contacts, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment, and execution of the VP’s overall priorities.
- Leadership & management of the VP’s office including team communications, community and engagement.
- Prepare materials and documentation on behalf of the VP, as required.
- Serve as the lead partner to Finance in managing the overall departmental budgeting and forecasting process.
- Manage ad hoc special projects.
The successful candidate is a strong strategic thinker who possesses the confidence and composure required to effectively communicate across a diverse set of constituents
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, or equivalent, with 8-10 years relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in project management and change management including ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities with time-sensitive deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated organizational excellence and ability to influence and drive results.
- Exemplary positive attitude & interpersonal skills, with a proven track record in successfully building, maintaining, and leveraging relationships with senior management at all levels within the organization.
- Ability and high comfort level working on a fast-paced team and able to deal with ambiguity and rapid change with grace.
- Strong executive presence and proven ability to exercise the utmost discretion when handling confidential matters.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2019, 9:00:01 PM