American Express Careers
Java developer with strong server side experience
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to work on API development on the mobile payments solutions that will be used by tens of millions of cardholders around the world. We want someone who is super creative and enjoys solving tough problems. You should be able to come up with brilliant solutions that no one else can, and be obsessive about API design and user experience.
You’ll be part of the Digital Payments Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Payments Engineering’s aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. The products will range from new payment vehicles and partnerships with other payment entities to interactive mobile experiences.
This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile environment within a Fortune 100 company where you can directly impact real $$$$ in revenue growth and operational savings. You will get a chance to interact with the apples and googles of the world. Your primary responsibilities will be to work on a team of engineers in developing mobile products. You’ll work with product managers to help define product direction, provide thought leadership on emerging technologies and create best of breed mobile and mobile web experiences that will set the standard for future development. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
This is an opportunity to work on the latest mobile technologies and influence how millions of people interact with their cards, their merchants and their money.
- Perform hands-on design, development, and testing
- Serve as a member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and tests and builds automation tools
- Utilize bestofbreed technologies to build a layered, component-based, service-oriented architecture over existing American Express technologies
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, can-doattitude in a fast moving environment
- Foster the spirit of collaboration across multiple internal teams
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Bachelors degee in Computer Science/Engineering or 3+ years of equivalent experience in related disciplines
- Demonstrated technical capabilities and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Worked in a product company
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in payments domain
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Expertise in Java 8, Vert.x, Spring.
- Understanding of RESTful API design principles
- Experience working in high-performing development teams using agile methodologies and tools
- Understanding of reactive programming
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Services technologies and data structure fundamentals
- Knowledge of design and development of mobile applications in an Enterprise setting is a plus
- Knowledge of design and development of web UX using react framework in an Enterprise setting is a plus
- Knowledge of American Express platforms is a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 1, 2019, 9:25:51 AM