American Express Careers
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This is a great opportunity to join the CTO organization within American Express Technologies become the driver of this exciting journey
A talented, creative, and motivated engineer who loves developing powerful, stable, and intuitive apps – and you’re excited to work with a team of individuals with that same passion. You’ve accumulated years of experience, and you’re excited about taking your mastery of DevOps CI/CD to a new level for Bigdata projects. You enjoy challenging projects involving big data sets and are cool under pressure. You’re no stranger to fast-paced environments and agile development methodologies – in fact, you embrace them. With your strong analytical skills, your unwavering commitment to quality, your excellent technical skills, and your collaborative work ethic, you’ll do great things here at American Express.
Cornerstone is company’s largest Big Data Platform, ideally suited for computationally and/or data intensive processing applications. Whether the data needs to be processed in batch, online, or streaming manner, Cornerstone provides robust capabilities to handle such workloads effectively, in a cost-efficient manner.
A hub of highly talented DevOps engineers and most exciting & upcoming technologies such as XLR, AWS, Ansible Python, etc, Cornertone platform offers an environment where Engineers are challenged everyday to build world class products
• Work on a highly scalable, extensible, available and resilient multi-tenant Hybrid Cloud Platform that can host large scale tier-0 applications of American Express.
• Responsible to deliver End-to-End CI/CD pipelines using XLR, Jenkins, Ansible and BDD-Selenium etc.
• Be passionate about metrics in solution implementation.
• Stay current on trends in fast moving Cloud technologies such as Containerization (Docker), Kubernetes & Public Cloud provider capabilities.
• Be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Mentor junior engineers in the team.
• Own complete product development lifecycle including deployment, documentation and support.
Preferably a BS or MS degree in IT, with 4+ years of DevOps experience, including hands on experience in Bash, Groovy and Python.
- Hands-on experience in Jenkins, writing templates and pipelines using Groovy scripts.
- Hands-on experience with Maven, Git, SonarQube, Artifactory (Nexus).
- Hands-on experience in writing in Ansible deployment scripts.
- Excellent with troubleshooting skills in Jenkins, Ansible, Bash scripting etc.
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools, Firewalls & Security policies.
- Excellent understanding of application development languages/platforms (Java, .NET, Go, Python, etc.) and importance of APIs and REST based services.
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive software development and delivery.
- Good knowledge on Docker and Kubernetes container technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Scripting (Bash/Python)
- CI/CD Pipeline (Jenkins and templates)
- XLR (Orchestration)
- Test Automation – BDD, TDD, ATDD, Selenium and SOAPUI.
• Docker and Kubernetes
• Amazon Web Services
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 5, 2019, 2:02:24 AM