American Express Careers
Service Delivery Manager
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation journey to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformation advances for the company. As a Service Assurance and Engineering Team with expertise in groundbreaking technology transformation, we drive service assurance for business-critical American capabilities. Our engineering team is nimble, creative and empowered to improve customer experiences and services. As a member of our team, you get the best of both worlds by partnering with developers to build state of the art capabilities as well as being able to assure reliable customer experiences. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, American Express is a phenomenal place to launch or grow your career.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Technical driven stewardship for customer experience and service performance.
- Effectively use innovative technologies available in-service assurance tool chain to improve efficiencies and customer experience.
- Partner with development team for service performance.
- Ensure applications are scaled adequately to meet performance for the projected volumes.
- Provide design recommendations and certify capabilities for reliability, availability and serviceability.
- Liaise between Global Infrastructure, interfacing development, Product Owners and other partner teams to improve performance and availability.
- Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace, Splunk) to enable reduction in detection time.
- Effectively lead a bridge and escalations as part of a larger incident management process.
- Function as a leader of a DevOps Team following the agile methodology to provide design inputs and operational best practices.
- Ability to technically lead a geographically dispersed team.
- Communicate effectively to partners and leadership on overall health of the services.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical/business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
- Influence team members with creative thought leadership with data driven changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
Are you prepared to solve the toughest problems?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 10+ years of experience with multiple business and technical environments, as well as business functions and capabilities
- Financial knowledge in monitoring, controlling and reporting budget expenditures
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred. Five plus years of progressive experience providing post-implementation and ongoing service assurance, as required.
- Must have Informatica (Major), .Net/Java (Distributed) experience/expertise
- Highly proficient with one or more of the following:
- Industry tools for predictive analysis.
- Distributed (multi-tiered) systems, large scale infrastructure and design.
- Debugging techniques for root cause analysis.
- Expertise in identifying Application/Infrastructure risks, mitigation strategy and the ability to work with others to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Experience implementing highly available solutions (e.g. always on, clustering, mirroring) as well as performance troubleshooting and tuning.
- Deep knowledge of Event Management, Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management.
- Expert level ability in resolving and documenting incidents by using innovative engineering practices, while meeting or exceeding the overall SLAs.
- Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Establish technical requirements based on industry trends and new technologies.
- Experience with DevOps or Full Stack, operating highly-available IT infrastructure and building live production APIs and services.
- Proficiency with automation development.
- Experience working in an Agile, CI/CD toolchain or other rapid application development methods.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Exposure to Machine Learning, AI and automation.
- Conceptual Enterprise architecture knowledge.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 4, 2019, 2:09:02 AM