American Express Careers
Director - Product Delivery and Integration
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Customer Experience Platform Excellence organization at American Express enables colleagues and partners to build successful customer experiences using Amex technology platforms. We are looking for a highly experienced engineering leader to facilitate our software delivery activities and manage technical programs spanning several portfolios.
In this role, you will leverage your experience scaling Agile development to define and lead our team-of-teams roles and processes and to monitor, measure and report on the organization's operations.
Some of the things you'd do on any given day:
- Collaborate with the organization's leadership team to provide transparency into their delivery objectives and progress through building roadmaps, project plans and recognition lists
- Lead team-of-team ceremonies to facilitate coordinated planning
- Anticipate risks to delivery objectives and ensure that appropriate mitigation actions are taken
- Coach and develop the Agile delivery professionals who facilitate our teams' work processes
- Promote continuous improvement in Agile health through assessment and action planning
- Identify opportunities to improve the flow of value to customers
- Coordinate with stakeholders to define, plan and report on technical programs that cut across the entire organization
- Chair cross-functional working groups and facilitate execution against their missions
- Mentor and coach project managers to have a program-focused mindset
Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred
- Experience driving large-scale product delivery and other technical projects
- Experience supervising and coaching others
- Ability to understand and talk credibly about complex system architecture, design and integration
- Deep understanding of Agile software development methodologies and practices such as Scrum, Kanban and Extreme Programming
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) program or portfolio or similar construct
- Business knowledge in multiple disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to author and deliver effective presentations to senior technology and business leaders
Also critical to your success:
- Simultaneous contribution to multiple work streams including planning, logistics, communication, and follow-up across a diverse team
- A strong belief in your personal responsibility for ensuring the best outcomes for the company and organization
- Experience working in a distributed team model and collaborating with remote team members
- Appetite for taking risks and motivating change in a large and sometimes slow-moving organization
- Desire to challenge the status quo and not take no for an answer
- Hands-on coding experience
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Demonstrated public speaking and/or technical publishing experience
- Significant industry community involvement
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 3, 2019, 1:45:39 PM