American Express Careers
Salesforce Engineering Director
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
At American Express, Enterprise Platform team was created in 2018, as part of the company’s Framework for Winning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our teams create solutions on the Salesforce platform by harnessing the power of Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K + Sales, CRM, and Marketers across the Enterprise.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead a high performing team of engineers in iteratively developing new features and capabilities on the service cloud platform. Our Marketingforce application is fundamental to enabling a high profile, multi-year transformational strategy to revolutionize the way we do marketing at American Express.
The Director of Engineering partners with product owners, technology leaders, scrum masters and engineers to develop roadmaps, design and implement cutting edge technology solutions, and drive modern engineering principles in accordance with our digital transformation strategy. You are energetic, accountable, proactive, and live and breathe the agile principles in every aspect of your job. Comfortable with ambiguity, you ask the tough questions, debate at the table, dissent where necessary, and commit where there's consensus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent years of experience. Preferred degree in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering and data related services.
- 8+ years hands-on experience working with Salesforce.
- Demonstrated expertise managing complex integration solutions, such as, APIs, and Data integration layers (Batch & Real-Time)
- 5+ years practical agile leadership experience.
- Experience managing design, implementation and architecture governance within a large corporate environment.
- Experience leading large distributed teams in a highly dynamic environment involving an onshore/offshore model.
- Visionary leader with recent experience transforming engineering practices and culture.
- Proven experience coaching, mentoring, and growing engineering talent.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2019, 3:46:23 PM