American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Java, BackEnd and Big Data
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is on an exciting transformation journey driven by an energetic new team of high-performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative data driven payment products using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence and top of the chain digital services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class Unified Member Experience / Omnichannel and personal integration through data driven platform , services on Big Data stack and APIs. You will be challenged with identifying innovative and transformative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
Focus - Leads the design, development, troubleshooting, and
debugging of work efforts for customer-facing applications, business
applications, and/or internal end-user applications.
Organizational Context - Member of a product engineering or delivery and integration team reporting to an Engineering Director.
- Deep experience in Data Analysis , processing, modeling.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language SCALA, Python, SPARK, HIVE, JAVA
- Demonstrated experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of engineers
- Demonstrated experience with databases like DB2, other DBs
- Demonstrated experience with different ETL tools like Ab initio, Informatica or Talend
- Demonstrated experience with Hadoop,. HIVE, HBase, SCOOP, PIG scripting
- Exposure to Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Profiling, Meta Data
- Demonstrated experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) approach
- Exposure to cloud-based implementation for data management domain
- Exposure to data security frameworks
- Advanced experience with scripting, store procedures, SQL, Triggers
- Advanced experience with data modeling, data structures
- Advanced experience in Test automation, Test scripting
- Advanced experience with large volume of data
- Advanced experience with performance tuning
- Advanced experience with UNIX, AIX environment
- Ability to effectively communicate across third parties, technical, and business product
- Managers on solution design
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Exposure to web services and Open API development, as well as SOA concepts, is a plus
- Exposure to Industry reference architecture of data management and Next Generation tools and process
- Experience with payments technology and industry is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 4, 2019, 4:29:53 PM