American Express Careers
Director, Product Development-Tokenization and Digital Wallet Capabilities
It begins with a Card Member using their American Express Card at one of our millions of Merchants around the world—the rest is up to us. The Global Network Operations (GNO) team is at the heart of the American Express enterprise powering millions of transactions through our global payments processing network, processing $1 Trillion in annual spend and serving issuers and acquirers in over 90 markets worldwide. GNO is unique within the enterprise. We work across almost every business unit within the organization as well as interact with external partners, providers, and key industry stakeholders.
The Global Network Product team leads the product function for the Global Network. We are a team of intellectually curious problem solvers charged with tracking the pulse of the payments industry designing and developing seamless, secure customer interactions and building globally scalable product capabilities, driving interoperability, and end consumer delight.
We are looking for a highly motivated, Director, Digital Product Development and Management with a passion for emerging technologies to lead American Express’s Network Tokenization and Digital Wallet capabilities. This role is a part of the Global Network Product Leadership team.
The Director will lead the development and end to end management of the product lifecycle for American Express’s tokenization and wallet capabilities. This is a high visibility role within the organization that will interact with senior leaders and teams across the enterprise and external partners, to build and scale tokenization capabilities and use cases. The Director will also own the digital wallet product capabilities workstream that is designed to proliferate digital wallet adoption globally across American Express network partners.
- Lead a team of 3 - 5+ high performing Managers/Senior Managers
- Develop the American Express tokenization product strategy, token program, and drive new and innovative use cases for the product
- Keep a pulse on trends in the payment ecosystem and emerging technologies to develop a point of view and shape the direction of American Express Tokenization capabilities
- Provide leadership and direction for strategic planning and be an advocate for change
- Instill strong product culture with focus on end customer ease of use. Use design thinking principles to develop a globally scalable tokenization program that allows product capabilities to be distributed globally via service providers in the ecosystem
- Drive awareness across the organization of key product capabilities, and partner with internal teams innovating and developing token use cases
- Partner with a global, cross-functional teams to drive engagement, alignment and results. These teams include - Digital Labs, Product Deployment, Network Policy, Marketing, Merchant Services, and Network Issuer and Acquirer Partnerships
- Be an expert in the tokenization and related competitive landscape, act as a thought partner to key stakeholders and senior leaders in the Business Unit
- Intellectually curious – You are naturally curious. You follow the rapidly changing payments ecosystem closely and are fascinated with connecting the dots to develop a strategy and point of view.
- Adaptable – You go with flow, you are comfortable with ambiguity, provide direction, and are resourceful in the face of constraints.
- Inspiring - You have previous experience build and leading ‘A’ teams, coaching, and developing talent. You are an empathetic leader with demonstrated situational leadership.
- Strategic thinker -You have an exceptional ability to problem solve and distill complex topics and various data into actionable strategies and communicate them in oral and written form.
- Compelling communicator. You are a storyteller. You can tailor your message to the audience – technical, business, internal or external, executive, peers.
- Methodical with a bias for action-You have superior organizational skills with the ability to drive results across numerous workstreams in a fast-paced, multi-partner environment.
- Passion for payments and fintechs - You are excited about emerging payments and keep your finger on the pulse of industry and competitor developments.
- Experienced - You have a strong understanding of product development & management principles and proven history of leveraging them to drive results and successful execution of tech initiatives. You have minimum 5 years of product development experience.
- A builder - You enjoy thinking about your programs on a global scale adding the dimension of multiple partner and customer groups and what you need to do bring it to life. You love building and scaling and you bring a sense of humor.
- If you are comfortable working with APIs, have experience working on global programs with multiple customer groups.
- Experience in working with merchants, acquirers, processors, gateways, aggregators or credit card issuers, or with fintechs in payments or related fields and digital giants (think Apple, Google).
- If you have prior experience with tokenization, token service providers, digital wallets, and developing a global program.
- Technical degree desired but not required.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2019, 10:28:39 AM