Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but are experts in putting together new ideas to create a better experience as they touch the lives of people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You’ll work on what's new and "cool" while breaking new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Instrumental as a core member of an agile team defining and driving the latest technology architecture and development practices based on Open Source architecture.
- Writing code and unit tests for key framework and foundation components in all aspects of technology and automation.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technology to solve problems in a matrixed environment.
- Providing direction and foresight to a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate innovative solutions that often disrupt the status-quo in order to solve existing problems.
- Willingness to learn new technology and ability to come up to speed quickly in order to exploit them to their optimal potential.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Knowledge of the Pega product (Pega version 7.1.x or higher) is a plus.
- Agile Practices of Software development - Scrum, Kanban.
- Ability to design systems with inherent high resiliency and availability.
- Provide turnkey technical solutions to complex problems at a global scale.
- Working in a large matrixed organization.
- Business Product Knowledge - knowledge of the finance and credit lending industry is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Tags: RTH no longer RTH as of 9/10/18
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2019, 6:12:59 PM