American Express Careers
Project Manager - Project Management and Business Integration
The Global Credit and Fraud Network (GCFN) is at the center of some of the company’s most important priorities – increasing revenue, protecting our assets and being prepared for an economic downturn. Our credit operations strategies play an important role in helping the company grow by bringing the right customers into our franchise quickly, enabling spend, and assisting clients in financial stress.
The role of developing and integrating strategic business change into the Global Credit Network (GCN) is performed by the Global Credit and Collections Strategy and Business Integration teams. This team works closely with partners in Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Operations, Compliance and Global Transformation & Engineering Network (GTEN) to seamlessly integrate new and existing commercial products into the credit environment while optimizing our underwriting and collections strategies.
As a Project Manager on this team, you will manage large scale global, strategic PMOs across portfolios, with top priorities in 2019 including International CFR/GCN Priorities, US Hardship Optimization and strengthening preparedness for an economic downturn. In this role you will be able to influence our partners by establishing & leveraging strong working relationships with product owners, production leaders, and project partners to ensure needs are accounted for and that the execution of initiatives is flawless, with potentially negative impacts minimized and opportunities to realize expected benefits maximized.
Manage large scale, global PMOs across business units and support teams.
Effective and Strong Relationship Management – ensuring proactive communication & goal alignment with key stakeholders & customers, and regularly providing project updates (timelines, milestones, risks, performance metrics) to teams & stakeholders
Proactively developing servicing strategies (customer journeys, communications, learning solutions, etc.) that are tailored to GCN
Building the GBI brand with all business partners, aligned to our global objectives
Potential to lead and motivate direct reports to deliver on critical goals of driving flawless execution on business driven change, new product launches and defect elimination initiatives
Driving Performance – coaching and developing high performing team members to realize their potential in terms of personal & professional growth, quality & throughput of work, and project accountability & leadership
Communicating Effectively – both written and verbal including creating presentations and delivering to all levels of audience
- A thorough and deep understanding of the GSN/GCN organization preferred
- Strong ability to build & leverage key relationships, while influencing project partners effectively
- Ability to challenge the status quo and act as an agent of change
- Ability to prioritize competing initiatives, dates, requirements on behalf of GCN and ability to pivot between strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Prior large scale project experience preferred, with a proven ability to foresee interdependencies among various business initiatives
- Ability to translate business requirements into actionable plans with appropriate milestones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree from four-year college or university preferred or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019, 7:44:50 PM