Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Accertify Inc, a leader in fraud and payments for e-commerce merchants and wholly owned by American Express is experiencing tremendous growth for its industry leading fraud prevention solutions. Focused on rapid expansion in the US, EMEA JAPA and LAC markets, Accertify’s suite of products, which includes the powerful Intercepts platform, provides merchants with an end-to-end automated fraud solution for card-not-present (CNP) purchases, online scams and policy abuses, merchandise returns and exchanges as well as payments and chargeback management and other data management challenges.
Accertify has an impressive list of merchants that they already protect and in partnership with American Express Client Managers a prioritized prospect list. This continued rapid growth creates additional opportunities in Tokyo working in the JAPA team within Sales, Implementation, Client Support, Professional Services, Fraud and Operations roles.
The role of the Sales Manager – Acquisition is to drive the end-to-end sales process of the Accertify suite of products to prospective merchants whilst demonstrating strong leadership skills which may lead to a more senior appointment in the foreseeable future.
- dentifying and closing opportunities with prospective merchants to generate new Online Fraud, Payments and Chargeback Management revenues in a sustainable and profitable manner.
- Developing and executing a sales strategy that targets Japanese merchants with large transactional volumes and a strong online presence.
- Building a robust sales pipeline that forecasts two – three quarters in the future at all times.
- Generate prospect meetings via cold calls, trade shows, association participation, conferences, warm leads from Client Mangers, and creativity through established relationships in the payments eco-system.
- Gathering high level requirements to provide a solution selling model to prospective merchants.
- Own request for proposals, the creation of mock-ups, business cases, proof of concepts and other support materials.
- Demonstrating the compelling value of Accertify fraud solutions in technical and non technical communications to a wide variety of stakeholders involved in the buying process (CEO, CFO, CTO, VP Information Systems, Director Fraud Detection).
- Addressing concerns/questions related to competitors, pricing model, post sale support, system performance /configuration in cooperation with pre and post sales team.
- Closing and contracting deals with accuracy and effective risk management.
- Effectively tracking and reporting sales cycle status, sales strategy and industry trends.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in dealing with sophisticated and demanding client structures requiring consultative sales and solutions oriented skills with an emphasis on demonstrating return on investment and other compelling financial, operational and customer benefits for clients.
- High level sales or executive presentation skills with ability to gain credibility and trust with variety of technical and non technical stakeholders and influencers within the client organization.
- Ability to leverage and navigate key relationships held by multiple parties in American Express and Accertify
- Strong cross-functional capabilities with the ability to synthesise finance, marketing and operational issues and opportunities.
- Working knowledge on the differences between an ISO, acquirer, issuer, gateways and payment schemes. Demonstrated understanding of network architectures and security and familiarity with relevant security software technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse the competition and changes in the marketplace, identify and take action to meet competitive threats.
- The ability to think beyond classical selling parameters to create new approaches, solutions and “win- win” scenarios in securing new partner business.
- Agility to learn from mistakes and remains committed to finding solutions despite difficulties and uncertainty.
- Strong focus on achieving results.
- Ability to work within a very fluid and fast paced team environment.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 5, 2019, 12:10:24 PM