American Express Careers
Information Security Manager
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The IS Cyber Product Strategy function designs and maintains a product strategy and roadmap which will assist in re-engineering and solution gap assessment through product documentation, research, and evaluation. IS CPS provides IS teams a consistent process for vendor disposition, engagement, and decision to ensure consistent and compliant delivery of new tools.
The Information Security Manager – Cyber Product Strategy is an integral member of the Cyber Product Strategy (CPS) program, responsible for designing, delivering and maintaining a product strategy and roadmap, assist in product assessment and selection, as well as delivery of processes and framework to onboard vendors and track progress against goals. The IS Manager will report to the Director of Cyber Product Strategy, and will work in collaboration with other IS teams, Procurement, Third Party Risk, and Privacy groups, to drive consistent capability and compliance for new functions within IS. In this role, the Manager of Product Strategy will leverage knowledge across all domains of security, create program documentation, and influence product direction for the entire IS organization. This position demands a well-organized, action oriented team player with the ability to prioritize daily work and the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously, to have a command on cutting edge technologies, and an understanding of and drive to deliver end-to-end process and solutions focused on great user experience. Strong interpersonal communications skills are required.
- Map Information Security (IS) products to the program framework to identify new strategic opportunities to drive risk reduction
- Design new functions to ensure consistent tracking, assessment, decision and execution of new products
- Collaborate across all IS towers to communicate and coordinate product and vendor review, evaluation, and testing
- Maintain the product capability to the Cyber Security Framework mapping and partner with finance and technology owners to create a roadmap which will assist in investment and re-engineering decisions
- Maintain the CPS Confluence site which contains product information, position papers, and other documentation
- Learn and follow documented processes and procedures while identifying and implementing improvements in such processes
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved in a timely manner
- Recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Partner closely with Global Supply Management and IS Finance throughout the procurement lifecycle process
- Collaborate with AXP Ventures to review emerging start-ups and their fitness for the American Express environment
- 10+ years of experience in Information Security Roles
- Broad understanding of all IS disciplines including, Governance, Cyber Threat, Identity and Access, Infrastructure, Endpoint, Vulnerability, Data Protection, Operations, Application, Incident Response.
- Understanding of Information Security Architecture and Engineering with experience in planning and execution of security projects.
- Knowledge of the latest threat vectors and actors through maintaining currency of threat landscape.
- Knowledge of the latest technology trends in Information Security
- SharePoint and Confluence experience is preferred
- Project Management experience is preferred
- Strong work prioritization, planning, and organizational skills
- In depth knowledge of the implementation of technology policies and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to clearly articulate solution alternatives
- Be able to collaborate effectively, work closely within a coordinated team environment, and maintain composure while dealing with time sensitive deadlines
- In-depth experience with desktop software and office automation tools
- A self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2019, 5:18:23 PM