American Express Careers
Sales Manager- Acquisition
- Identifying and closing opportunities with prospective merchants to generate new Online Fraud, Payments and Chargeback Management revenues in a sustainable and profitable manner.
- Developing and executing a sales strategy that targets ANZ based merchants with large transactional volmes and a stong online presence.
- Building a robust sales pipeline that forecasts two – three quarters in the future at all times.
- Generate prospect meetings via cold calls, trade shows, association participation, conferences, warm leads from Client Mangers, and creativity through established relationships in the payments eco-system.
- Gathering high level requirements to provide a solution selling model to prospective merchants.
- Own request for proposals, the creation of mock-ups, business cases, proof of concepts and other support materials.
- Demonstrating the compelling value of Accertify fraud solutions in technical and non technical communications to a wide variety of stakeholders involed in the buying process (CEO, CFO, CTO, VP Information Systems, Director Fraud Detection).
- Addressing concerns/questions related to competitors, pricing model, post sale support, system performance /configuration in cooperation with pre and post sales team.
- Closing and contracting deals with accuracy and effective risk management.
- Effectively tracking and reporting sales cycle status, sales strategy and industry trends.
- Experience in dealing with sophisticated and demanding client structures requiring consultative sales and solutions oriented skills with an emphasis on demonstrating return on investment and other compelling financial, operational and customer benefits for clients.
- High level sales or executive presentation skills with ability to gain credibility and trust with variety of technical and non technical stakeholders and influencers within the client organisation.
- Ability to leverage and navigate key relationships held by multiple parties in American Express and Accertify
- Strong cross-functional capabilities with the ability to synthesise finance, marketing and operational issues and opportunities.
- Working knowledge on the differences between an ISO, acquirer, issuer, gateways and payment schemes. Demonstrated understanding of network architectures and security and familiarity with relevant security software technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse the competition and changes in the marketplace, identify and take action to meet competitive threats.
- The ability to think beyond classical selling parameters to create new approaches, solutions and “win- win” scenarios in securing new customers.
- Agility to learn from mistakes whilst remaining committed to finding solutions despite difficulties and uncertainty.
- Strong focus on achieving results.
- Ability to work within a very fluid and fast paced team environment.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 9, 2019, 2:04:15 AM