American Express Careers
Manager / Senior Manager - Product Development
As a Manager/Sr. Manager within the Enterprise Customer Marketing Platforms team this individual will be responsible for managing multiple internal projects – migrations/upgrades/proof of concepts/decomissions. Initially, this individual will manage several in-flight projects including credit collections and web personalization. Success in this role will be directly related to individual’s ability to effectively engage, learn, and deliver high quality output while working with a large and diverse set of stakeholders and team members.
This individual will be responsible for identifying and translating needs into actionable artifacts. This individual will conduct full lifecycle activities that include requirements analysis and design using SAFE/Agile methodology. You will work closely with Marketers, Data Analysts, Technical Architects, and Product Owners on the creation and delivery of Features. This individual will be responsible for creating and presenting updates and roadmaps to leadership on a regular cadence.
- Gain deep understanding and document current and future-state processes by interviewing stakeholders and conducting focus groups
- Lead business-driven projects as a Subject Matter Expert on various tools / platforms. Perform user acceptance and training as needed
- Collaborate and communicate across multiple VP groups and stakeholders
- Identify gaps/pain points in marketing process flow and translate into actionable features
- Work closely with technical architects to solution internal projects and capabilities
- Contribute to the creation of Rally/JIRA/Confluence artifacts for development teams
- Assign and coordinate dev requirements with Product Management teams
- Create and manage documentation at project level
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) - required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a Financial and/or Professional Services Firm – required
- Experience with Agile methodologies (certification preferred) – required
- Strong leadership skills – required
- Self-motivated/self-directed/self-learner – required
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail – required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team – required
- Strong desire to learn new systems/software applications – required
- Strong analytical skills including ability to gather and interpret various types of data – required
- Understands algorithmic thinking and is able to demonstrate ability to break down complex problems – required
- Experience with Unix/Shell Scripting – preferred
- Programming experience (JS, Python, Java) – preferred
- Experience with Big Data tools/platforms/systems (Hive/MR/Spark) – preferred
- Experience with compliance, privacy, risk, legal and audit procedures – preferred
- Experience writing Features, User Stories and Tasks in Confluence and/or Jira / rally - preferred
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2019, 3:16:45 PM