American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager – Customer Success, Enterprise Marketing Products & Solutions
You won’t just shape the world of payments. You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
American Express is embarking on a journey to drive agile marketing solutions and enabling innovative, high-quality marketing for the enterprise, while also transforming end-to-end marketing processes and platforms. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough marketing and products while making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You’ll be challenged everyday as we transform our organization to meet the customers of tomorrow as part of Enterprise Marketing Products & Solutions (EMPS), a global organization that sits within Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) and is American Express’ marketing services center of excellence with the charter of driving agile marketing solutions and enabling innovative, high-quality marketing for the enterprise, while also transforming our end-to-end marketing processes and products.
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
This new position is part of a new EMPS Director team bringing together Enablement and Insights Products as well as a distributed Customer Service team and will lead a customer servicing team located in the US and India supporting 20+ marketing related platforms that enable marketing for partners across the enterprise providing both Level 1 and 2 support.
Customer-centricity is core to everything we do. Our Product team’s top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using our marketing platforms is frictionless, intuitive and delightful by delivering high-quality, speedy, personalized and conversational support. As Customer Success Manager, you are responsible for the success of our customers and our support team and will partner across EDA, EMPS, Marketing, Operational Excellence, Compliance and Technology to deliver superior service to our internal customers, drive efficiencies for both your team and partners and leverage data to inform servicing strategy and service expansion opportunities. This is a demanding role that requires a unique skillset and, as first level of support, you will act both as an advocate for our products and processes, as well as, champion for our users. Your job is to ensure that EMPS customers have the best experience possible, no matter what channel they choose to contact us. This is the perfect role for someone looking to get into Product Management, Product Marketing or Marketing.
- Be thought leader and will define a case and issue management strategy and approach across the marketing ecosystem that drives company and organizational outcomes.
- Identify customer service trends, determine system improvements, and implement changes that improve existing strategies and bring about improvement in customer support initiatives.
- Establish and improve customer service policies and procedures for the department, ensuring full implementation of the customer support strategies across the business.
- Lead with an external perspective and stay updated on the latest customer support practices and technology in order to develop a roadmap to scale next-gen customer support solutions (e.g. self-service, bots, machine-learning) enabling end-to-end marketing execution processes.
- Drive sustainable adoption of the Marketing Execution Transformation framework with our key stakeholders via a “closed loop” enablement ecosystem (customer support, issues, training).
- Participate in software delivery lifecycle from informing requirements and product roadmaps to prevent future issues in addition to providing feedback, testing and training/change management (where required).
- Act as relationship lead to our customers, but also builds a system, processes and culture to enable everyone in the organization to support our customers.
- Advocate for top customer requests in person with the product and engineering teams.
- Educate internal teams on new product features.
- Be a people leader for 1 Senior Analyst and closely partner with our Offshore Sales and Business Enablement Center of Excellence team in India.
To be successful in this role, this person must possess the following competencies:
- Care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support, solving problems for customers, and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- Strong balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving innovation and results in a fast-paced environment while keeping a customer-first mindset.
- Proven background in service delivery management or customer support/servicing in partnership with cross-functional teams to address complex-issue management activities.
- Ability to clearly define and articulate a vision and what success looks like, build conscientious and measure results.
- Energized by technology, data-driven insights and driving transformation and change.
- Skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly to non-technical audiences.
- Naturally empathetic and articulate communicator.
- Self-motivated and can inspire the same in a direct report or team.
- Highly organized, great attention to detail and personal accountability.
- 5+ years of experience in service delivery management or customer success/support/service.
- Experience with various technologies and solutions such as: Salesforce, Jira, Splunk, .net applications, Tableau, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Bots, Natural Language Processing (NLP) a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, such as: Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Visio as well as Confluence.
- Have experience and/or interest in Product Management.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019, 7:21:08 AM