American Express Careers
Director, Customer Growth Direct Marketing
- Lead a team of 10 (3 Sr. Managers and 7 Analysts) to oversee key marketing programs in the direct marketing channels
- Provide strong people leadership and build a culture of high performance and development
- Identify and pursue opportunities to drive growth through efforts focused on launching new programs, expanding the marketable base, testing new offers, improving targeting and segmentation, and optimizing marketing creative
- Lead key initiatives focused on improving customer relevance and response through increased trigger marketing and treatment sequencing
- Partner with the Phone and Digital teams to lead cross-channel growth strategies for programs including defining offers, re-targeting, etc
- Collaborate with Product Management, IMS, Finance, Legal, Compliance and other key partners to collectively move the business forward by driving profitability while satisfying customer needs
- Manage month-end reporting, forecasting, and a large budget
- Tenured people leader with the ability to motivate and inspire a large team
- Analytical marketer with experience driving marketing through insights (targeting, segmentation models, performance insights)
- Experience with managing a large budget and leverage insights to deliver accurate forecasting
- Experience with creative development and test and learn strategies
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to drive results in a matrixed environment.
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver with a passion for challenging the status quo
- Clear and articulate communicator with the ability to influence senior leadership and key partners
- Should enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, both independently and as part of a team
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2019, 2:27:10 PM