American Express Careers
Senior Manager - Strategic Planning
The Senior Manager, Strategy and Communications role is an exciting opportunity for a strong analytical thinker, with a proven ability to bring structure and drive a wide variety of initiatives to support a global team. The Senior Manager will report directly to the VP, Strategic Planning Group based in New York. He/she will be responsible for providing thought leadership and execution related to organizational initiatives that would benefit the team. He/she would also be responsible for managing key team communications, budget, employee engagement and assisting with the annual performance processes. It is a high visibility role involving exposure and interaction with senior executives, as well as a wide range of groups across HR, the business and external partners.
- Lead the creation and execution of departmental strategies and communications
- Manage day-to-day business priorities and deliverables for the VP’s Executive Office, e.g., special projects, townhalls and organizational deliverables
- Create impactful internal and external presentations, speeches and communications for the SPG Leadership team
- Manage the budgeting process including yearly projections, ongoing expense tracking, headcount management and risk mitigation
- Gather the pulse of the SPG team through networking, relationship management and stakeholder engagement
- Manage the employee performance management process for the team
- Manage a significant amount of tactical work and be a very “hands on”
- Drive innovation and impact both directly and through others
- Demonstrated project management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Proven decision making and problem-solving capabilities with strong follow up skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and financial acumen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with exceptional ability to translate ideas and thoughts in written presentations
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across all levels in the Company
- Ability to deal with issues and subject matter in ways that requires considerable sensitivity, discretion and judgment
- Team player, comfortable working in “white space” and willing to take on incremental responsibilities
- Highly proficient with PowerPoint and Excel
- 4+ years work experience and Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s or MBA preferred
- Practical consulting experience and communications experience is a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2019, 8:46:51 AM