American Express Careers
Director Government Affairs
- Develop policy positions on key issues and make them relevant and compelling to stakeholders by conducting research, preparing communication materials, hosting events, etc.
- Build relationships with policymakers, including officials, Parliamentarians and the policy and strategy teams of regulatory bodies.
- Build relationships with key third parties who are relevant to the policymaking process, including consumer groups, merchant and business groups and other actors related to payments and financial regulation.
- Monitor developments in national policy related to payments and other areas which may impact the American Express business.
- Coordinate with local management, legal and public relations colleagues.
- Manage external agencies which support American Express on Government Affairs in a number of key markets.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant experience in government affairs, ideally with experience of working in a regional or national policymaking setting
- Experience of financial regulation, including payments, is a plus but not required
- Strong communication skills
- Track record of running effective advocacy campaigns to deliver changes in policy
- Language(s): English. Other European languages would be an advantage, though are not essential.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2019, 9:08:15 PM