American Express Careers
Program Manager - Exp. in Finance Technology Needed
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Program Manager will report directly to the Vice President, Unit CIO – Finance within Global Risk, Finance Technology & Transformation, and will be responsible for leading strategic programs across the Finance Data Engineering organization from initiation through to implementation. The incumbent will be responsible for a broad range of activities, including strategic, analytic, and communications initiatives to help ensure the objectives of the organization are met.
This person will be a key member of the Finance Data Engineering leadership team and will work closely across the team and with key Business Partners, as well as possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, prioritization, project management, communication, and organizational skills. It is a high visibility role involving exposure and interaction with a wide range of groups across technology well as business functions.
- Maintain a clear understanding of strategic imperatives across the team and prioritize VP attention on these business and operational programs.
- Develop project plans against program strategies, identify and track key milestones, and communicate progress regularly and effectively to stakeholders.
- Negotiates and influences cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate resourcing levels are engaged and maintained throughout the execution of the plan.
- Pro-actively anticipates program/project risks and issues and ensures that appropriate mitigation planning is in place to avoid compromising delivery.
- Aid with business-tech partnerships and communication to ensure clear priorities and shared goals, as well as alignment to overall technology strategy.
- Draft impactful and comprehensive communications, presentations, and talking points for key business reviews, executive presentations, and discussions.
- Lead employee engagement and organizational management, including team building activities, central point of contact for liaising with central and market HR, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Extensive Business/Industry work experience, with shown experience in a leadership role and Project Management role.
- Self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and prioritization with limited guidance.
- Proven ability to navigate effectively and efficiently within American Express, with a strong understanding of Amex businesses, processes, and operations.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated project management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with strong personal presence.
- Active listening skills, summarization skills, and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities.
- Prior Technology and/or Finance Technology experience/knowledge a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 15, 2019, 10:20:30 AM