American Express Careers
Sr Manager, Lean Portfolio Management
- Manage the lean portfolio management process and solutioning across the Loyalty & Benefits platform to drive customer-centric and economical prioritization of key initiatives
- Identify and understand customer needs and business strategy priorities
- Design and deploy processes to assess and communicate capacity and velocity
- Define the prioritization process by balancing business and engineering needs
- Interact with colleagues across the enterprise to identify needs, opportunities, gaps, and solve problems
- Brainstorm and negotiate effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define initiative priority
- Collaborate across product owners to consolidate and socialize the Loyalty & Benefits platform roadmap across multiple business divisions and markets
- Support colleagues in defining their Problem Statements, Initiative business value, high level list of features and MVP
- Champion, support and implement delivery transformation and agile principles
- Manage Rally and JIRA tools to co-create epics, capabilities where applicable and effectively help drive the linking strategy across the L&B Portfolio
- Actively engage across all of EP to attend Portfolio Forums, dependency meetings, PI Sync ups
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Ability to translate business strategies into scalable actionable solutions with proven experience of delivering results globally
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Proven innovative skills, with the ability to create flexible and scalable processes and solutions
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability
- Winning attitude that motivates and develops their direct report
- Flexible growth mindset and ability to play multiple roles in a fast paced environment
- Strong Agile and Scaled Agile development understanding and practices
- Proven user of Jira and Rally workflow management software tools
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field such as computer science, mathematics, engineering.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2019, 11:19:38 PM