American Express Careers
Manager / Senior Manager - Strategic Analysis & Testing
About the Division
The American Express Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA) team is the center of excellence designed to centralize web, mobile and digital partnership development activities and help the company leverage digital expertise across businesses. The Global Commercial and Merchant Analytics team within “EDA” is continuously identifying ways to power the growth of Commercial and Merchant business with impactful analytical insights and products.
About the role
Our team partners with the Global Merchant and Network Services Marketing organization to drive ways to connect our merchants and our Card Members. Specifically, this role serves as a subject matter expert in campaign measurement. We deliver high-caliber analytic thought-leadership and deep expertise in marketing analytics. We create merchant-ready campaign measurement solutions, transforming those solutions into best-in-class reporting products and consulting with Marketing teams on campaign design and actionable insights.
The role of the Senior Manager, Regional Marketing Analytics LACC (Latin America, Canada and the Caribbean) is to illuminate insights into what happened during a merchant’s campaign. Specifically, this Senior Manager will drive marketing campaign analyses & reporting, in partnership with an India Center of Excellence team, for campaigns in the LACC region. In addition, this person will play a critical role for our global International Reporting Product development and will be charged with thought leadership, and maintaining and enhancing the product used in 20+ markets.
- Developing and maintaining a close partnership with GMNS Marketing and EDA Product teams
- Setting the strategic tone by assessing business needs and developing relevant analytical solutions
- Identifying opportunities to standardize and productize our offerings, and product-managing existing insights packages
- Establishing prioritization principles and managing an analytic engagement pipeline for a variety of customers
- Voraciously consuming & actioning customer feedback to continue enhancing our core focus and the processes for delivering them
- Partnering with our own team in the US, Australia, the UK, and India to bring best practices and analytic frameworks/products across the global markets
- Expert analytics: Thoughtful application of a variety of analytical approaches and delivery of clear & powerful insights and recommendations for partners with keen attention to details.
- A consultative mindset: The ability to think strategically & align team activities to business goals, articulate business problems from the customer's perspective, cut through noise to diagnose core needs, establish testable hypotheses, and bring partners along for the journey.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Hive, Python, R, SAS, SQL
- Direct experience in marketing campaign measurement - knowledge of multi-channel marketing including digital, mobile, direct mail, email, above-the-line, and multi-merchant marketing
- A passion for data visualization & information display and decks that wow in their ability to communicate simply & clearly.
- Ability to establish prioritization principles and rules of engagement in order to manage high demand and/or conflicting priorities. Comfort with adjusting quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, and ambiguity.
- Success building strong relationships, credibility, and influence at multiple band levels.
- Master’s/PhD degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and Economics) preferred.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019, 7:18:06 PM