American Express Careers
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the leading provider of Commercial Services programs, payments solutions, and other expense management tools that help small businesses, medium enterprises, and large corporations around the world manage almost all facets of their business spending.
The Global Commercial Services (GCS) Operational Excellence Team is responsible for enabling growth through implementation of an effective framework that drives efficiency, accountability and a strong control environment. Through a collaborative partnership with Global Risk & Compliance, Product Management, Marketing, Global Banking, and Technologies, the Operational Excellence team drives a robust first line of defense for GCS and advises our partners on how to effectively balance business growth objectives with appropriate controls. This framework consists of several core components, grouped into pillars, including governance, risk assessment, business and environment internal control factors, and reporting and monitoring.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Policy Management & Oversight, will be responsible for managing and designing a robust first line of defense for Global Commercial Services products, capabilities and experiences. The role will be responsible for helping to drive business priorities by enabling business growth and speed to market while mitigating risks to AXP.
Among the specific activities, this role will:
· Lead the continued development and expansion of the GCS Sales Practices Program in the US and to all International Proprietary Markets.
· Create and maintain business level procedural documents to support the implementation of the 1st line of defense operational risk responsibilities.
· Identify and implement new partnerships to design preventative, predictive, and automated controls
· Partner with Compliance, Privacy, General Counsel’s office and other key SMEs on initiatives to ensure standards / deliverables are achieved.
This position will report to the Director, Operational Excellence – Global Commercial Services
- Deep understanding of Global Commercial Services Products and selling Channels
- Ability to distill complex concepts into straight forward business driving approaches
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven project management skills with expertise prioritizing and successfully leading a team to drive implementation of multiple complex initiatives in a matrixed environment
- Strong relationship building experience / ability to develop relationships with executives, business partners and leadership teams
- Strong team player with ability to influence without having direct authority
- Strong presentation skills, particularly in the development of compelling and insightful materials
- Strong communication skills to convey strategic insight and thought leadership in identifying emerging risk issues and to deliver high quality, actionable feedback to management
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019, 9:23:44 AM