American Express Careers
Senior Manager, Strategic Relationship Management
In a new partnership model, the American Express Prepaid team works closely with Atlanta-based InComm to deliver best-in-class reloadable and gift prepaid products to customers. American Express acts as both the issuer and network, with InComm providing program management and issuer processor services. The Prepaid team sits within Global Network Partnerships.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Relationship Management will act as InComm’s client manager within American Express, managing business development efforts and driving new opportunities forward for both InComm and the Prepaid team. This will entail strong partnership and coordination with InComm, Amex’s commercial and merchant businesses, as well as brand, privacy, and other key internal stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have significant client management experience, as well as strong relationships across the commercial and merchant organizations to collaborate on new opportunities. The candidate should be comfortable operating in white space to deliver on new strategic initiatives to drive growth for the Prepaid business. The Senior Manager must demonstrate success in delivering results, communicating effectively, and partnering with third parties and cross-functional teams to deliver on objectives.
- Serve as InComm’s client manager on new business opportunities within Amex
- Manage portfolio of existing partnerships across Prepaid’s North American business
- Oversee strategy and execution of internal BD pipeline
- Develop and manage new strategic growth opportunities for the Prepaid business
- Act as client liaison for gift card e-commerce channel across commercial and merchant services organizations.
- Manage Canadian gift card partners in coordination with InComm and Canadian merchant services team, including marketing strategy and offers execution
- 5+ years of marketing and client management/business development experience
- Strong understanding of American Express’ prepaid products
- Experience working in a matrix environment and working cross functionally
- Comfortable working in whitespace
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Proven track record of driving results
- BA required, MBA a plus
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285 OR virtual
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019, 4:38:48 PM