American Express is looking for a Business Development Executive who will be responsible for driving acquisition within the Small Business Segment.
The role is accountable for acquiring high value customers and ensuring that they are sold on to the most appropriate product to drive billings and customer satisfaction. You will work with multiple senior internal and external stakeholders, and build a thorough understanding of the Small Business segment. Client interaction is telephone-based with a focus on exceptional customer experience whilst maximizing sales efficiency & effectiveness.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has a strong background in B2B sales, account management and business development. It is also ideal for the candidate to have consultative selling experience as we highly value excellent customer service skills.
• You will primarily be prospecting for new customers— through existing leads, cold calling, and maximizing lead generation (using CRM tool to source leads)
• You will manage all sales activities— leads, campaigns, referrals & self-generated leads— in a timely manner
• You will track and report sales performance— including pipeline, acquisition results, and market conditions
• You will engage in regular portfolio planning to set priorities & project annual forecasts
• You will serve as the interface between American Express and the customer to resolve any application processing issues, and drive the on-boarding of new customers
The Ideal Candidate:
• Learns quickly and understands complex information without difficulty
• Performs complex calculations and data-based decision-making on a regular basis and is comfortable communicating complex data to clients and prospects
• Able to focus on several sales objectives at a time
• Flexible with sales strategies— able to use a direct approach to selling but also appreciates the subtle aspects of sales negotiation
• Questions the motivations and actions of prospects and clients, as appropriate
• Performs best when given room to make decisions independently
This role will offer you career development, the chance to build your consultative selling skills, and work within a high performing team.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
ReqID: 19012956 Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time Date Posted: Jul 10, 2019, 10:04:20 AM
US Job Seekers: If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position
you may contact us by clicking here or call our US Toll-free number at 1-855-297-7327.
Anonymized data is stored for redirects to the career site tracking successful searches leading to job applications in effort to measure effectiveness of partners in sourcing job candidates and job searches. We request use of anonymized data to improve your experience on our site.