About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
The Powerful Backing™ of American Express.
American Express has embarked on an exciting Cloud, Big Data and Mobile transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team. You will contribute to a rock star start-up engineering team which will deliver the next generation auto-scaled, Highly Available, hybrid cloud enterprise application platform (Iaas/PaaS) for the mission critical American Express Delivery Transformation initiative.
The platform will deliver a framework to support multiple programming languages i.e Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby/Rails, Scala and Fuse for enterprise and consumer mobile & web application developers. You will create innovative tools and capabilities to enable continuous delivery - building, provisioning and administering multi-tenant, scale-out applications throughout the life cycle, from development, test and into production. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a senior engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to maintain a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 service operation for the Private Cloud environment and its tools. We will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. You will work closely with your India and US leaders and peers to deliver a “Follow the Sun” capability that is best in class in Quality and Capability at a cost effective price point.
• This is individual contributor role and the person is expected to work on incident and problem tickets to support the IaaS/ PaaS infrastructure and expected to adhere the shift pattern (Full night shifts are not expected).
• Focuses on the internal Customer and their applications. Ensures high availability of all environments and the achievement of all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs)
• Production support and operations of Infrastructure (Servers, Network, Storage, Security) and Applications (Distributed, Middleware, Databases across all tiers)
• All ITIL / ITSM processes including Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Asset, Configuration and Service Level Management
• Partners with Cloud engineering teams and technical product managers to support a continuously evolving platform
• Uses technical acumen to provide alternatives, ask probing questions and support the team in technical issue resolution
• Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the Infrastructure and Operations.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Purpose: Create a next generation auto-scaled, highly available, hybrid cloud enterprise application platform, to support multiple programming languages for enterprise and consumer mobile & web application developers.
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
• Engineer and maintain a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 service operation for the Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery Platform and its supporting tools
• Identify innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of customers
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
• Overall 8+ years of industry experience with expertise on cloud technologies i.e. Openshift, Ansible etc..
• Hands-on deployment and troubleshooting expertise to at least a medium level (on a scale of low, medium and high expertise) on of the following 2 or more technologies and products.
Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in CS Or CSE or Equivalent
Hands-on deployment and troubleshooting expertise to at least a medium level (on a scale of low, medium and high expertise) on of the following 2 or more technologies and products.
• OpenShift 3.x
• Ansible/Ansible Tower
• Cloud management and administration
• Continuous delivery experience/Devops/Agile
In depth understanding of Cloud Infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS), Linux functionalities/ features as well as good experience of Linux system.
• Openshift 3.x
• Ansible Tower
• Cloud Technologies such as Containerization, Kubernetes, Mesos, SDN & Public Cloud CSP offerings
• Python, Docker, Ansible, Go
• Good knowledge around HA and platform patching experience is a plus.
Shift - Follow the sun. 8 am to 5 pm or 1:30 pm to 9:30 pm, one needs to work on weekends as per on-call schedule.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2019, 4:54:37 AM