American Express Careers
User Acceptance Testing Manager
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
The Global Network Operations organization is responsible for the day to day operational management and development of the American Express Global Network. This position is a User Acceptance Testing Manager is part of the Global Merchant & Network Services team responsible for supporting test execution and validation across all Network Platform and Product Delivery “owned” applications (e.g. Authorizations, Clearing and Settlement, Digital, and SafeKey). This position is critical for leading business test activities across multiple Network initiatives.
- Support and manage test execution and validation, working very closely with the business units and technology teams impacted by Network initiatives
- Work closely with the UAT Test Analyst daily for understanding of the project testing requirements
- UAT test planning and coordination of testing activities
- Gain a deep understanding of acquiring and issuing specifications to become a subject matter expert
- Identify opportunities to streamline and utilize UAT test tools
- 2 – 3 years of Testing experience required (preferred UAT experience)
- Transaction Processing application experience is required
- Good understanding of payment industry products like SafeKey, QR code, EMV, Wallet etc.
- Experience working on payment dispute systems will be a plus
- Performing UAT of file-based processing applications and User Interface testing is required
- Testing Tools experience - such as SOAP UI, Postman, LISA, etc. is required
- Knowledge of a system of record for test cases/results and defect management tools like CA-Rally or JIRA
- Hand on experience testing API applications is a must
- Knowledge of working in a SAFE Agile delivery process (both Scrum & Kanban) required
- Good working knowledge of MS software office tools such as Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word are required
- Self-starter with attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly and under deadline pressure while maintaining high quality
- Excellent time management and follow up skills, with the ability to deliver on multiple concurrent priorities
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to influence without direct authority
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess high motivation, enthusiasm, and dedication to deliver results within strict time frames
- Cross-cultural awareness and willingness to partner with both US and International markets, while meeting program objectives, are critical to the success of this role
- Role will manage direct report(s) and indirect reports.
- Flexibility with work schedule required to accommodate business partners and testing globally
- Location: 18850 N. 56th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2019, 11:17:57 PM