American Express Careers
Analyst - Compliance - Financial Intelligence Unit, Program Oversight Team - Reporting
Overview of the Financial Intelligence Unit:
- Utilize multiple technologies to develop and enhance reporting, including: Tableau, advanced MS Excel programming, MS Access Database reporting, SQL Server, Microsoft SSRS and SharePoint
- Partner with American Express Technologies to find solutions and drive progress around connecting to data sources across multiple American Express systems, as well as additional projects as needed
- Meet business needs by translating business requirements into SQL queries
- Write complex SQL queries with minimum direction
- Test and debugging SQL code
- Conduct data analysis and develop indicator based reporting
- Monitor automated reporting to ensure on time delivery
- Work in a fast paced environment which will require shifting priorities and toolsets throughout the day
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL Server and Tableau
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies preferred: MS Excel programming, MS Access Database reporting, Microsoft SSRS, SharePoint
- Experience creating visuals (graphs, tables, dashboards)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities, and prioritize work in a challenging and deadline-intensive environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with proven ability to translate findings into impactful communications and presentations to senior leadership, regulators, etc.
- Preferred, but not required certifications in: MCSA/MCSE certification in BI Development, Database Development, SharePoint, or SQL Server, Tableau Qualified Associate, Tableau Certified Professional
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019, 11:01:00 PM