Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
International Card Services Operational Excellence strives to enables sustainable ICS growth through driving flawless execution & excellence across business processes, products & capabilities. Operational Excellence is critical in ensuring that ICS has a robust first line of defense, and plays an active role in supporting the Business meet its business objectives and demonstrating an effective control framework.
This is achieved through:
- Ensuring that ICS Operational Excellence is a trusted partner to ICS business in supporting them meeting their expectations, and in doing so, operates efficiently, leveraging centers of excellence where applicable, but also ensuring strong business focus and presence.
- Actively supporting the business in delivering change, ensuring that governance processes and crisp, efficient and effective.
- Ensuring an effective and robust framework is in place to enable the business to accept, manage or mitigate material risks and issues;
- Ensuring that ICS has an effective framework for Process Management that ensures processes well designed, meet applicable requirements, are supported through robust controls, integrated testing, and appropriate investment in capabilities.
- Timely & effective resolution of risks and issues, supported by effective prevention framework to identify & eliminate their root causes
- Ensuring risks related to Third Parties, Partners & Legal Entities are managed in line with regulatory & AXP expectations.
Reporting into the Director, ICS Operational Excellence (JAPA), this position will be responsible for actively supporting the ICS business across Japan in delivering on their business objectives, and in ensuring the business is executing effectively against local and central control and compliance expectations.
This will mean being a trusted advisor supporting the business on assessing, mitigating and accepting risk; ensuring a strong control focus is integrated into day to day operations, that local Legal Entities operational risk processes are appropriately managed, in ensuring issues and risks are managed fast and effectively with root causes identified and addressed, and in supporting business initiatives to enable strong business growth in the region.
Responsibilities of the incumbent will include:
- Issue Management - Supporting business processes to effectively manage and resolve issues. Drive early detection of risks and issues, supporting the business to fix them rapidly, in line with risk appetite.
- Support the business activities to prevent customer-impacting issues via effective processes and controls design and execution
- Governance framework: Ensure that the Governance Framework adopted across the market is effective and streamlined, aligned with AXP Governance Standards, effectively supports business processes and change management and meets external regulatory requirements.
- Enabling business growth and Change Management - Manage the end-to-end risk assessment process for all new products, platforms and capabilities across the market, supporting and enabling business growth. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the Change Management program across regional markets is compliant with the Enterprise AEMP 54 management policy and ICS Operational Excellence Governing standards.
- This position will be responsible for conducting training and awareness sessions to ensure that teams are consistently educated on the policy requirements within the Japan market.
- Third Party Risk – Support sound execution of the TLM program for ICS Japan Provide guidance to the business to manage vendor risks by ensuring appropriate risk assessments and the closure of issues in line with the TLM framework. Effectively engage and leverage ICS Central team for relevant subject matter expertise and program management to ensure streamlined efforts and efficiencies are gained in management of vendor risk.
- Audit Engagement - Support the business in managing audits.
- Process Risk Self Assessment - Support process owners in creating and documenting their process in addition to the risks and controls in their process using the PRSA methodology. Facilitate the annual Risk Assessment Questionnaire refresh process for the market. Ensure robust coverage of ICS) processes through the PRSA program and execute all PRSA framework requirements.
- Effectively engage and liaise with the Operational Excellence Centre of Excellence (CoE) teams to support and streamline key Business Process and Business Self Testing programs.
- Training and Awareness: Drive Operational Excellence, control and compliance principles and standards across the market, delivering tailored training as required.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Results driver and self starter with track record of developing, clearly communicating, and bringing to life key strategies and new processes in highly matrixed and ambiguous environment
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills and demonstrated experience effectively working with senior leaders
- Outstanding matrix management skills, with the ability to mobilize, drive and direct resources across the organization without direct reporting lines
- Analytical thinker with strong quantitative skills and demonstrated experience in developing actionable insights
- Strong project and process management skills; Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously as well as frequent ad-hoc requests
- A ‘growth mindset’ and nimble learning agility to identifying and drive new thinking
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience in Operational Excellence, Compliance, Operational Risk or a related discipline preferred, ideally in more than one of these disciplines.
- Experience in business process improvement, control design and development of control and process testing.
- In-depth knowledge of ICS business and processes preferred
- Fluency in verbal and written English and Japanese
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2019, 2:59:55 PM