American Express Careers
Director - Recruitment
American Express is seeking a regional talent acquisition leader who has the necessary background and experience to lead the recruitment function across North America region and maintain our goal to implement a world class recruitment organization.
Global Talent Acquisition function at American Express is going through a strategic recruitment transformation, deploying robotics & process automation tools and modernizing recruitment infrastructure to focus on business talent priorities and enhance end-to-end process experience.
Director of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for developing and delivering innovative talent acquisition strategies, managing key stakeholder relationships, and ensuring operational excellence through continuous process improvement. This leader will partner with other regional recruitment leaders, senior HR and business leaders to strategize and deliver high quality recruitment solutions to critical talent acquisition needs in support of the organization’s business objectives.
- Develop and implement an effective, efficient, and fully-integrated talent acquisition strategy, aligned to the Global Talent Acquisition priorities to execute against business objectives
- Work with other regional recruitment leaders in the market and provide partnership to service providers (including RPO vendor) to meet hiring requirements
- Consulting, advising and influencing senior executives on talent acquisition strategies and solutions that improve and sustain business success, and that aid in anticipating future state recruitment needs and business-driven results
- Partner with market HR and other HR leaders (HRBPs, Center of Excellence leads) to deliver on region/country specific strategic talent priorities (Market Colleague Plans, Strategic Projects etc) to business objectives
- Partner with the Recruitment Operations team to ensure process compliance, risk management to deliver a more integrated and seamless approach to recruitment service delivery
- Partner with the Recruitment Marketing team for efficient use of talent brand tools, marketing resources, best practices and employer brand promotion opportunities
- Develop and drive world class recruitment brand, marketing and social media strategy for the region in partnership with in house functional experts
- Manage the market relationships with approved third party vendors and suppliers and ensure vendor performance metrics are appropriate and monitored
- Use data and analytics to drive the recruiting strategy, planning and process; address and solve any data integrity, compliance and reporting issues, and provide insight and commentary on local and functional labor markets.
- Manage data-driven decision making process across GTA and in relation to the business
- Take responsibility for the results of all staffing objectives within the market by working with RPO partners to improve key performance indicators that drive candidate and hiring leader satisfaction
The ideal candidate for this role would be a strong talent acquisition leader who is recognized for their accomplishments related to attracting, recruiting and developing a world-class diverse team supporting progressive recruitment environment across North America region. This candidate will be articulate and would possess a demonstrated track-record of strong leadership capabilities. Candidate would have strong interpersonal influence and effectiveness, and would possess technical and professional expertise in recruiting, with a strong focus on innovation and bringing new approaches and ideas. The role would focus on results and establishing high standards of excellence, strengthen cross functional relationships and collaborating across multiple businesses and in a complex, matrixed organization, and would be proficient in leading and championing change. This role also requires the experience and ability to operate at both a local and global level.
- 10+ years of accomplished experience in fast paced professional recruitment environment, in-depth understanding of talent acquisition principles, technologies, processes, and an ability to translate a business objective into an actionable recruiting strategy
- Deep experience in new world recruitment tools, technologies and platforms to enhance process efficiencies
- Strong leadership and management skills including setting and implementing strategy, leading performance management initiatives and compensation processes, and coaching and giving feedback to individuals on their team
- Exceptional assessment and interviewing skills and a strong command of assessment and selection methodologies, instruments, and processes
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, as well as experience with influencing key change management initiatives and consensus building skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and thorough attention to detail
- Exhibit strong project management, change management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate ability to perform and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Preferably have experience of establishing strategic partnerships with RPO vendors
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2019, 11:44:04 AM