American Express Careers
Technology Solutions Specialist
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Technology Solutions Specialist to perform in the Global Commercial Services business unit of American Express.
This position will be responsible to Design and implement integrated card programs for new and existing Global Corporate Services clients to achieve efficient and timely implementations, applying project management principles. This will involve partnering with Business Development, Account Development, Global Servicing Network, Implementation Solutions and Global Currency Solutions on sales and expansion engagements.
- Provide both technical and business process consulting coupled with thought leadership to clients and prospects alike. This includes providing assistance on reconciliation and payment processes, as well as Amex technical capabilities and applications.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills. A core element of this role is to manage the end to end implementation process of Expense Management Solutions for clients. This will include managing and building relationships with third parties.
- Make important contributions on product development and internal process improvements. This will include developing training and educational material to share with internal and external customers.
- Provide support and consulting functions both remotely and on client site, based on client needs. English is a component of the role as each Technology Solutions Manager covers several markets.
Don’t live life without it.
- Programming and data management skills are required (SQL, Java, JScript, etc.).
- Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related field, preferred.
- Consultative, collaborative and influencing skills.
- Customer service attitude is a must.
- Good project management skills: ability to manage complex projects in an environment of changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills. Good interpersonal and teambuilding skills to develop relationships with internal and external clients alike.
- Good understanding and application of business process theory and practice.
- Working Knowledge of Financial and Management Accounting processes and practices (specifically around Accounts Payable, reconciliation and payment processes).
- Strong understanding of technical/system architecture and business processes surrounding business application software & solutions (ERP and EMS).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Familiarity with technological environment underpinning the internet.
- Ability to learn and assimilate information quickly (specifically around American Express Electronic Products).
- Team player. Eager to assist colleagues.
- Dynamic and self-motivated to succeed in this fast moving environment.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and handle ambiguity.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Process mapping skills.
- Fluent in English.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019, 11:15:50 AM