American Express Careers
Java Integration Engineer
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
At American Express, Enterprise Platform team was created in 2018, as part of the company’s Framework for Winning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our teams create solutions on Enterprise platforms by harnessing the power of Integration, Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K + Sales, CRM, and Marketers across the Enterprise.
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of Sever side APIs that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- Works closely with other developers (within the team and outside the team), and product owners to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Collaborates with project manager and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain the Server side APIs
- Provides thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
- Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with the complete software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 4+ years of software development experience on "some of below" if not all -
- Must have experience in REST APIs in Java / Node technologies
- Must have experience on Java Spring/ Spring-boot frameworks
- Must have experience and knowledge of asynchronous, messaging technologies like Apache KAFKA
- Experience and Knowledge on memory databases like MEMSQL
- Experience and knowledge of API security, oauth, versioning, resource models etc.
- Experience with build (using Gradle, Maven etc.) and deployments on Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment (using Jenkins, Maven, JMeter, etc.)
- Big Plus if has understanding and Experience on Big Data Technologies like - Spark, HIVE, HBASE, Hadoop ecosystem frameworks.
- Understanding of code versioning using git, github and gitflow.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Good understanding of Cloud native application development.
- Good Knowledge of the open-source ecosystem.
- Good understanding of Service mesh technologies like Istio & Envoy
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable enterprise
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019, 9:09:08 PM