American Express Careers
Associate Product Manager
- Build and actively manage a product backlog of features and capabilities that are groomed and prioritized in close collaboration with the business and engineering teams
- Translating features into user stories, working closely with engineering to provide the information required for those teams to successful deliver software products
- Deep engagement and consultation with various products owners and business teams to understand current and future needs
- Full participation in and support of agile practices and ceremonies to reinforce the agile transformation of the delivery team
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple teams, across the globe, in creating solutions to business needs including leading in-person and virtual meetings
- Build robust understanding of payment and loyalty domain
- Foster and contribute to a culture of ownership, follow-through, and collaboration by adopting a mindset of doing whatever it takes to make the team successful
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Software Product development and delivering on a product roadmap
- Understanding of building capabilities in a distributed technology stack
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Experience with agile and scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to consult with various stakeholders and drive to thorough requirements
- Problem solving, attention to detail, superb organizational and analytical skills
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Experience developing software in multiple countries at a global company desirable
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages is desirable
- Relational database design and data normalization experience desirable
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products is desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable; Bachelor’s (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019, 12:59:03 PM