American Express Careers
Vice President Technology- Site Reliability Engineering
- Champion and drive cross-organizational development efforts for optimization and automation in application monitoring and resiliency capabilities.
- Build a team that can lead and influence the organization in understanding, valuing and leveraging modern reliability engineering practices.
- Drive thought leadership and build coalitions across Development, Product, Infrastructure, Architecture and Operations that advance accountability for high availability across critical platforms and scalability to meet market demands.
- Cultivate an environment of innovation and continuous improvement, leading changes that drive efficiencies into existing engineering and delivery processes.
- Drive accountability for quality aspects in release pipelines, including system performance, platform availability, operational efficiency, risk management, information security, data management and cost-effectiveness
- Implement standards and tools to manage service problems and ensure software is released in a streamlined manner from development to production.
- Spread DevOps culture of teamwork and standard methodologies to maintain 24x7 production environment with a high level of service availability.
- Act as forward-thinking leader and remain up-to-date on modern technology leading trends.
- Adhere to compliance targets and ensure timely closure of audits
- Work with key partners to deliver technical solutions that align to strategic roadmaps, prioritized initiatives and strategic technology direction.
- Attract, retain and grow top talent across the organization, providing guidance, career development and mentorship to team members.
- 10+ years of overall technology industry experience and technical delivery for large-scale organizations or start-ups
- Large scale software product engineering experience with contemporary tools and delivery methods in a complex environment (i.e. DevOps, CD/CI, Agile, etc.)
- Extensive experience as a leader within a Technology organization and/or in a product development company with experience that compliments the software product portfolio (i.e. Digital Payments, Mobile, Big Data, etc.)
- Experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent and building high performing teams in a high-reaching market
- Deep understanding of the Product / Technology Platform’s underlying tech stack and its core components
- Strong systems integration architecture skills and a high degree of technical expertise, ranging across a number of technologies with a consistent track record of turning new technologies into business solutions
- Experience leading in a fast paced, complex and dynamic global environment running ITIL processes and Agile application development methodologies
- High energy and enthusiasm for learning and problem solving complex systems with a DevOps mind set
- Strong communication, presentation and customer interaction skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019, 12:27:18 PM