Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This role will report to the Vice President- Compensation & Benefits. The role holder will be required to serve as a strong partner to internal business leaders, global C&B teams, local HR partners to ensure that Amex Japan and Korea C&B programs are competitive, effective and meet AXP business objectives. This role supports implementation and communication of all employee benefit programs in Japan and Korea.
- Create and execute an innovative benefits agenda for AXP Japan & Korea
- Support and execute the implementation and communication strategy of local benefit plans
- Acts as a subject matter expert for Compensation & Benefits leaders across the world, business leaders and internal HR teams, regarding AXP program practices.
- Ensures that benefit plan operations work properly to meet legislative and regulatory requirements in all countries
- Ensures that benefit plan governance materials are fully developed for local market to ensure effective oversight
- Work closely to support local market vendor relationships
- Support the execution of local employee compensation, incentive and recognition programs
- Continuously work to improve local compensation infrastructure and processes at American Express; provide related communication and education to diverse audiences
- Assist business unit HR business partners and other American Express teams with compensation needs
- Work to support all local market compensation programs to ensure that they meet the local legal and compliance requirements of the locations in which the systems exist.
- Maintain awareness of practices among competitors and of regulatory and business trends in compensation
- Support all necessary regional audits
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- C&B related Legal, accounting, and regulatory know how
- Strong understanding of the components of a global/market compensation program as well as the ability to design and implement innovations within a collaborative environment
- Proven use of Project Management principles and discipline
- Highly professional with established relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving and highly developed reasoning skills
- Proven leadership skills, working closely with diverse global teams
- A minimum of 5-7 years compensation & benefits experience
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Human Resources or Accounting; Advanced degree is preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2019, 12:17:05 AM