This is a data analytics and credit portfolio management role which manages credit risk for consumer and commercial portfolios. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring and tracking credit risk for commercial products and working with the commercial business team to support their business strategies through data analytics and impact analysis.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Position requires strong analytical skills to perform data analysis and make recommendations. Be able to identify issues at early stage; find opportunities for business growth and risk process enhancement. Creating regular tracking and supporting the risk team and business partners with portfolio analytics.
- Effectively interacting and collaborating with colleagues from the central Risk Management organization, as well as Operations and Marketing teams to develop, enhance and implement approved credit strategies and processes.
- Closely monitoring the key credit performance metrics for the portfolio and the implications on trends, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement and/or corrections.
- Running ad hoc analytics and reports to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues.
- Strong quantitative skills with experience to lead and perform analysis and knowledge of SAS/SQL for data manipulation and management
- Experience working on corporate credit portfolios with a track record of driving results with strong thought leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a matrix environment. Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others.
- At least 3-4 years of Analytics experience preferably in the Credit Risk function.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2019, 9:09:29 AM