American Express Careers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
In this role you will be responsible for the Enterprise Command Center’s performance on event management, troubleshooting on technical bridges, process implementation and all Operational Improvements. Must have a metrics-driven operational mindset, be passionate about details, make data-driven decisions and represent the ECC amidst high pressure situations in a professional manner.
- Remediate Level 1 technology issues directly through execution of standard operating procedures
- Participate and assist with service restoration and proactive bridge calls
- Support Mission Control efforts of major product launches and critical changes through monitoring and customized presentation layer
- Manage escalation of all incidents to operations or development teams
- Management of critical outage information and facilitate tech bridges in a high pressure setting
- Deliver excellence in customer service through situation analysis and timely resolve of escalating events per Stand Operation Procedures.
- Provide procedural and tools training, technical guidance, and direction to ECC technicians.
- Monitor adherence of ticket documentation according to Standard Operating and/or Incident Management Procedures.
- 2+ years IT working experience in the areas of Application Performance Management and/or application monitoring
- 2+ years in network administration, system administration, or performance engineering / testing
- 2yr Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Experience with application technologies (J2EE, .NET, Citrix, Microservices)
- Experience with database technologies (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL)
- Good understanding of distributed applications
- Good understanding of web and enterprise applications
- Ability to address complex application environments to provide customers with clear guidance on implementation strategy and potential performance improvements
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions with minimal supervision and direction
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with ability to develop written presentations for senior leadership.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and a passion to learn new technology
- Must have solid presentation and writing skills as well as experience with creating professional reports and deliverables
- Must be a highly motivated energetic self-starter who excels in fast-paced, dynamic, team environments and committed to getting results
- Experience in triaging through monitoring tools
- Working on an operations team or NOC
- Working in an agile/dev/ops environment
- General understanding of ITIL methodology
- Understanding of Network Protocols
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 6:03:25 PM