American Express Careers
Engineer - Node.JS
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a
fast-paced team responsible for developing and delivering cloud native products
and components for our rapidly growing and cutting edge security
platform. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and
proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs.
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops cloud native software applications/packages/components for our rapidly growing and cutting edge security platform.
- Writing code and unit tests using NodeJS, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing.
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Working with product team to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- 6 years of experience is distributed application design and development.
- 2 years of experience in building backend applications using NodeJS.
- 1 year of experience in using Docker and container technologies for building and deploying applications.
- 1 year of experience in MongoDB. Prefer individual with experience/knowledge on setting up and using MongoDB using containers.
- Experience in messaging middleware, preferably RabbitMQ.
- Strong experience in Data Structure and Algorithm.
- Understanding on classical and cloud-native architectural patterns.
- Knowledge/Experience in Kubernetes and Helm Charts is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019, 6:55:32 AM