American Express Careers
Site Reliability Engineering Director - Authorizations
- Leading Authorization’s Continuous Integration Program to strategically look at the entire software delivery chain automating the building, testing, deploying, source management, and monitoring of a platform that delivers over 5,000 changes/year.
- Creating the new modern Authorizations platform Lead to be highly available including CI/CD and implementing a DevOps model.
- Build tools to enable engineers to pre-empt issues in production before they are a problem
- Automate processes and build tooling
- Collaborate with development and Operations to build deployment blueprint
- Implementing a Test Data Management (TDM) framework allowing for fabricated/synthetic data to be utilized across platforms in an end to end test environment.
- Delivering Service Virtualization across testing Credit authorization APIs.
- Manage 24/7 on-call rotation
- Prior experience with at least one application development Version Control System (Rational, Git, Subversion, CVS etc.)
- Working knowledge or experience implementing CI/CD automation tools (e.g., Jenkins, SALT, etc.)
- Knowledge or demonstrated experience in Cloud Technologies, such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, GKE and Kubernetes
- Knowledge or demonstrated experience in Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with virtualization using VMWare ESX, KVM, Xen or Docker
- Proven Knowledge of Security Operations (SecOps) management practices in financial industry
- Experience in implementation and design of TCP/IP networking, including basic switching/routing, LAN/WAN, and encryption
- Experience with monitoring systems like Nagios, Splunk, ELK
- Experience with ingress Layer 7 reverse proxies and Layer 4 Load Balancers and NAT
- Knowledgeable regarding Test Data Management frameworks
- Experienced delivering Unit and Regression test environments
- Experience in Reliability space and tools
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow or similar Enterprise Help Desk and Problem Management tools
- Experience with Supporting Unix/Linux Systems administration, implementation and operations
- Expertise with Workload Automation on Mainframe or Distributed systems, such as load generators, simulators and fault generation
- Working knowledge of Application Development workflow and Agile Methods
- Experience working with Scrum or Kanban-related tools and concepts (e.g., Jira, Rally, Epics, Stories, estimating story points, etc.)
- Experience developing code in Java or Python helpful
- 6-8 years of experience with systems analysis/programming, incorporating design methodology, Infrastructure Operations Support or Engineering (e.g., Network, Server, Application, Database).
- Hands-on experience with a variety of software languages, operating systems, or network protocols.
- 5+ years’ experience managing team/workgroup activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field required.
- Prior experience in DevOps or DevOps-like environment (Practices that emphasize the collaboration and communication of both Software Developers and Operations Engineers).
- Practical application using Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Self-motivated leader who can effectively collaborate in team and cross-team settings.
- Ability to persuade and influence without direct control.
- Able to prioritize/manage tasks and supporting team involved across multiple work streams.
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence cross-functional teams, business and/or vendor partners, and technology leaders.
- Able to develop/make presentations, facilitate discussions and provide technical demonstrations in 1:1, small group and large group settings.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019, 1:15:16 PM