Become part of the digital transformation and help revolutionize the financial services industry.
At American Express, we provide customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our customers include our Cardmembers as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations, and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. As a Digital Product intern, you have the opportunity to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. You’ll be challenged everyday as we create digital products to meet the customers of tomorrow.
The Digital internship at American Express is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help shape digital experiences for one of the world’s top brands. We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – sweating every fine detail when it comes to developing the most effective technology led solutions to improve our customer’s digital experiences.
Where are these roles located within American Express?
Digital interns will serve as a key member of Product teams in any of the following organizations:
- Enterprise Digital & Analytics
- Amex Digital Labs
- Global Commercial Services
- Merchant Interactive
What type of work can you expect to do in Digital at American Express?
- Be responsible for the development and execution of new and emerging digital products, services and/or technology platforms, following a User Centered Design approach
- Manage projects from concept through production partnering with the necessary teams to shape a rich and engaging customer experience
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer, grounding ideas in data driven solutions by partnering with our customer research team to incorporate user insights and principles throughout the process.
- Assist in the Agile product development process including writing user stories, defining support documents, and conducting usability testing.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners and as part of a cross-functional teams
We have the know-how, creative platform and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. Do these describe you?
- Demonstrated interest in digital technologies and customer-driven design
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Willing to take risks, experiment, and share fresh perspectives
- Proficient in analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present ideas clearly
- Currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Tags: USUndergrad, CFE-11160
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 15, 2019, 8:27:30 PM