American Express Careers
Senior Manager, Supplier Enablement - Vertical Strategy
Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) acquires and maintains relationships with merchants who welcome American Express branded products. B2B payments are one of the key growth imperatives for the enterprise. To support the Merchant Services – U.S. (MS – U.S.) team’s charter to be warmly accepted and help merchants grow, the B2B Supplier Enablement and Development team is focused on unlocking new spend opportunities and increasing volume with new and existing B2B merchants.
Within B2B Supplier Enablement and Development, the Industry Vertical team is responsible for partnering with GCS and GMNS to win new B2B accounts and onboard B2B spend from GCS Clients in a prioritized industry verticals. This highly visible position will collaborate across GMNS and the GCS Vertical Account teams to analyze the payments landscape, calculate the AXP spend opportunity and develop the strategies, sales initiatives, and custom constructs to unlock B2B spend on the AXP network.
- Strategic analysis of prioritized B2B industry verticals, including assessment of buyer & supplier needs, spend opportunity, AXP payments solutions fit, competitive payments landscape, and recommendations for go-to-market approaches.
- Co-creation of holistic portfolio strategies to accelerate B2B volume growth in prioritized industry verticals.
- Partnership with GCS and GMNS to win and onboard B2B spend.
- Maximizing AXP B2B charge volume by partnering with internal colleagues as well as directly facilitating discussions with buyers and suppliers.
- Ongoing program tracking, KPI reporting and feedback loop to refine and optimize strategies, products and approaches going forward.
· Strategic mindset with proven ability to dissect complex problems and develop insightful and impactful recommendations
· Strong consultation, financial acumen, and problem-solving skills.
· Strong communication skills (orally and written) and comfort presenting to senior stakeholders
· A natural at driving innovation, skilled at influencing & negotiating.
· Customer-focused viewpoint, with demonstrated desire to solve for customer needs
· Demonstrated experience driving results across multiple stakeholders
· Naturally curious and comfortable working in ambiguity
· Positive “can do” attitude and a proactive mindset
· Knowledge of B2B payments landscape strongly desired
· Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or equivalent a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2019, 11:59:01 AM