American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager, Merchant Marketing and Strategy
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. GMS Marketing partners with organizations including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and Global Servicing Network.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Merchant Marketing and Strategy position is at the center of one of the highest priorities for Global Merchant Services and American Express: driving parity coverage and increasing actively accepting merchants.
This person will be responsible for partnering across internal teams to plan and execute marketing strategies to drive acquisition, activation and engagement for national and regional inactive and non-accepting merchants. The strategy will include merchant facing marketing as well as internal sales effectiveness support, such as telesales scripting and client management toolkits. Additionally, this person will work with creative agencies, analytics teams, client management, and other marketing teams to develop timely, relevant, and compelling communications.
- Develop best-in-class marketing strategy to engage lapsed or inactive managed merchants to drive activation with
- American Express.
- Build direct to merchant marketing treatments to complement client management merchant engagement strategy.
- Develop sales effectiveness tools to create consistent messaging among the client management team.
- Partner with key stakeholders within the marketing, client management, analytics and execution teams to develop and
- launch marketing campaigns that deliver against goals and provide updates to Sr leadership on a regular basis
- Collaborate with the internal reviewers, creative agencies and other external vendors to deliver customer first creative
- that breaks through to our merchants with excellence
- Utilize internal and external insights to regularly inform ongoing marketing strategy development
- The successful candidate will be high energy, proactive, and able to work well with competing priorities
- Strong strategic and thought leadership skills with the ability to work in white space and continually create, test and innovate.
- Excellent relationship skills with an ability to navigate the Blue Box and leverage networks.
- Analytical background with the ability to drive results with attention to detail and move projects forward with minimal
- Demonstrated experience managing large scale marketing efforts end-to-end. Prior marketing experience and a working
- knowledge of American Express marketing processes a plus.
- Effective communicator with an ability to influence at various levels.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 18, 2019, 8:21:12 AM